Head of France
The MS-search agency performs headhunting missions of managers, senior executives and other key players for the benefit of French and International groups.
Our client is a €50 million turnover organization with 450 employees, owned by a €380M turnover parent company. The group is a leader in Europe and Africa in the production of flexographic plates.
The French subsidiary has 140 employees with a turnover of approx. 17M€. We are now looking for the new Head of France as the current Head of region is retiring in the beginning of 2020.
Job Overview: Head of a region France
The role of the Head of a region is to develop the business and the profit of the region and maintain social, sales, production and finance processes in a good and performing atmosphere. Responsible for new business and sales development together with financial performance in the region.
- To drive the development of profitable business in the region.
- Be responsible for the Balance sheet and Profit & Loss for the region. This includes budget responsibility.
- To comply with the local and Group regulations concerning legal, financial, social, industrial and environmental on the sites for which he has a delegation of power.
- Be an excellent leader, motivating, engaging, delegating and inspire teams. Have a drive to always search for improvements.
- Will have direct reports from 2 production sites, finance and sales personnel.
- To review monthly the detail of the P&L with the accountant and the site manager. Check the budget overruns and ask for action plan to go back to the budget. To ensure the collection of the receivables and the stock turnover. Take any corrective action to reach the KPIs defined for the site.
- To define, according to the group rules, the management of the staff of the site: recruitment after authorization, job description, training, information, evaluation, salary increase after authorization, and if applicable sanction and termination of the job agreement.
- Create long term business plan including investments.
- To ensure all financial records are kept and recorded within government regulations.
- Be able to work in an international group with matrix functions.
- Budget the year in terms of turnover, customer prospection and distribution according to the different product segments.
- To ensure that the production KPIs are in line with the budget: occupation of the repro operators, polymer waste, number and % of NCs, turnover of RM stock and check that the action plan are effective and efficient.
- To judge the opportunity to participate to local exhibitions.
- To organize the legal life of the company after information from the Group president, auditors, ordinary and extraordinary general meetings, dividends, …
- To organize the relationship with the local banks in connection with the Group Finance Manager: checks, credit-card, wire transfer, payment of management fees, defining who can sign.
- To propose to develop the business in a new site : gather info’s demonstrating the relevance of his opinion, contact the local authorities in order to have the best chances to succeed, introduce a project including a 3/5 years business plan and a legal organization to the President for opinion.
- To contact the different support of the group so that the local management can benefit from assistance in order to improve specific processes: financial, production, IT,…
Position based in France (open location).
Frequent travelling within France and Europe for internal meetings and supplier visits.
Some traveling to Africa.
Minimum of 10 years of proven experience from managing people and delivering proven profitable sales growth in a similar position with P&L and legal responsibility within an industrial production company.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent business sense and leadership abilities.
- Good commercial and negotiation acumen, focus on business development.
- Experience from managing teams and from delegating responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A proactive and enthusiastic nature.
- Analytical and deadline driven.
- A good customer focus with the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Good knowledge of Excel and PP.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Good presentation, budget and report writing skills in French and English.
Please send your application by mail to MS-search, under the reference 2175A: firstname.lastname@example.org